UPDATE JUNE 2020 –
ALL ADULT SIZES AVAILABLE.
FLOOR PUZZLES – These are REGULAR jigsaw puzzles, they are not done on the floor, but are a manufacturing term for a jigsaw with NO base tray
The 996 piece puzzles are an A1 sheet size (84.1cm x 59.4cm). Its actually usually around 1026 pieces, but may be over 1100 pieces if my 16 year old son is really acting up at school!!
The 512 piece puzzles are an A2 sheet size (59.4cm x 42cm). But are usually around the 532-540 pieces mark.
And both are spectacular, beautiful, more than just puzzles, more like artistic pieces in their own right. And we mark out how many pieces the jigsaw actually ends up as on the bag.
If you order the 996 and 512 piece puzzles I will contact you with a delivery date, that won’t be weeks, but may be like 7 days or something like that, at worst.
PLATO WOODEN PUZZLES
All our wooden puzzles come as either frame tray(jigsaw with a base) or as a floor puzzle(jigsaw only, no base). Custom puzzles can be made to order, but our listed puzzles will all be frame tray puzzles with the exception of the “Giant Floor Puzzles”. These puzzles are too large for a tray. But with a tray a puzzle is safer, its pieces are more secure and its stores away easily. The Plato Floor Puzzles all come in a pull-tie calico bag, with a map and puzzle information enclosed within.
Wooden Puzzle specifications –
- 3mm MDF Timber jigsaw(treated timber/exportable)
- Non toxic ink & varnish
- Glued Rear Information Sheet
- Puzzles shrinkwrapped.
- Catalogue sizes from 6 to 96 pieces.
- A4 , A3 and A2 size options available
Various Custom Options –
- Timber choices. Plywood, raw timbers. Timber thickness also optional. Costs vary per individual specifications.
- Printing – Offset, digital, ink-jet. Different visual effects via paper choice.
- Rear information sheets. Glued to the base of the tray, this area can be filled with the messages and themes of the jigsaw artwork.
- The process can be managed by Plato Puzzles from A to Z. Alternatively costs can be reduced by customers taking responsibility for parts of the process. For instance, custom puzzles require a scan of the artwork, to take the image from the paper to the digital realm. This is but one example of a task that can be performed by Plato Puzzles or the client.
- Blank puzzles for hand painting. Plato Puzzles can supply plain timber sheets, both pre saw cut, and uncut timber, for painting directly onto the jigsaw surface.
- Custom Display cases. Plato Puzzles can present the puzzle in high-quality storage cases. We provide a range of options or you are free to specify your own needs. Prices will vary according to timber type and additionals, such as a sliding perspex cover.
PLATO CARDBOARD PUZZLES
Our range of cardboard puzzles range from 100 to 1000 pieces currently.
We chop and change our range over time, so the choices will vary over time. But we always maintain the highest of standards in our artworks for all “difficulty” levels.
Whilst we provide the odd truly “difficult” challenge, our jigsaws are primarily about the art. Creativity, vibrancy and a deeper story are the core themes. We generally avoid challenges that do not take into account modern lifestyles – time is a precious commodity, and people gather motivation and momentum in puzzle challenges when they make progress. So whilst never “patronising” the puzzler, we keep the challenge at a level that is clearly stipulated, and only in rare cases will prove to be a mind bender!!
SWAG BAG JIGSAWS
Plato Puzzles cardboard puzzles all come packaged in “Swag Bags”. These bags are made of 100% natural calico fibre, and are definitely superior to boxes, particularly in terms of storing the pieces safely and compactness. Every Swag Bag jigsaw comes with
- An A4 “map” of the puzzle, (to guide you through the challenge)
- an identifier tag on the string-tie (so you know what’s in there)
- a storybook to provide the background to the painting, the artist and the culture themes underpinning the work.